Manic Monday

  • We finally installed the toilet in the second bathroom this weekend. And by we, I mean Brian and his brother. It's so nice to have 2 toilets again. I'll just leave it at that. 
  • Something possessed me to make a chocolate cake with chocolate pudding frosting and chocolate chips on top this weekend. I'm not sure what it was but I better exercise to exorcise that demon. Ha. Get it? Because it... possessed... Okay, fine it was a lame pun. I couldn't stop myself from typing it though. And even now that I re-read it, I chuckled to myself. BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY AND YOU KNOW IT.
  • Brian would have a crushed look on his face if he read that. Like "my wife has reached a level of corniness that I can't even comprehend..." Poor guy. Sometimes I almost start to feel bad for him but then I remember that he knew what he was getting into so it's his own fault.
  • We leave on Friday to visit So Cal again. Whoo HOO! I'm pretty excited to visit family although those party poopers didn't want to go to Disneyland. It's like we're not even related. Well, my older sister wanted to go but 2 against the rest of the fam isn't exactly great odds.
  • We deep cleaned the house this weekend. It felt so good to be clearing out all the germs from the past few weeks of sickness. Brian even cleared out some of his tools. Our living room looks sorta empty now. 
  • Next thing on the house to-do list: the floors! The floors! The FLOOOORRRSSSS!!! No more cold concrete. No more ugly gouges from the carpet tacks. No more taped cardboard in the hallway where the pretty flooring ends. No more spilling whatever we want on the floor. Hmm. Not sure I like that last one. 
  • It's Monday! I'm going to go walk/run on the treadmill. And then polish off the rest of that cake. I mean... Eat some celery and stuff.

Popular Posts