Claim Jumper {Inspired} Chocolate Chip Calzone

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day but I am a fan of February 14th because it is the anniversary of my first date with my husband. So in honor of our first date anniversary, I decided last night was a good night to make a special dessert.

Once upon a time when I was in college, I went to Claim Jumper with my roommate for a dessert night. We had the Chocolate Chip Calzone and let me tell you, it was AMAAAAAAAZING.

Picture from Google of the Chocolate Chip Calzone served at Claim Jumper
So last night I decided to recreate it for my husband. It was seriously so easy, my culinary challenged sisters could easily handle it. :)

Here's my guesstimate of what I used:
  • 1 cup of pre-made pizza dough
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of marshmallows
  • Whipped cream
  • Vanilla bean ice cream
The dessert from CJ has white chocolate chips in it as well except that for some reason the only white chocolate chips I could find were like $5 for a bag so I just stuck to normal semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also you can see they drizzle chocolate syrup and powdered sugar on top but again, I'm on a budget here and we don't have time for those frivolities. But feel free to add it if you have it!

I rolled out the pizza dough to a circle, filled half with chocolate chips and marshmallows and then folded it over (just like a calzone) and pinched the edges. Baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until the top was golden-brown). Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream, ice cream and a few more chocolate chips sprinkled on top.

I don't have to tell you how delicious it was but I will anyway: it was DELICIOUS.

Popular Posts