pwuriadkngkmvxc, (and no my toddler didn't post this)

Deep sigh.

That about sums up my life lately.

I'll spare you the depressing tales of a teething baby, a crazy toddler and the germs that they've been passing back and forth for 4 months and just tell you this: (in the words of an eCard) only a mother knows the true meaning of 24/7.

Most of my days are spent trading off taking care of kids. Insert typical phrase here. It's just a season. It goes by so quickly. You'll look back and miss these days. You're investing in their lives. 

Believe me, I know exactly why I do this. But I gotta tell you, the day to day of caring for little ones is so tiring. Thank the good Lord that He gives us grace because it is seriously a miracle that Brian isn't a widower. Or that we still have 2 kids.

But enough of that, I'm not here to inspire you mothers who read this. Sorry. I'm here for a Monday list!
  • My sister, her husband and children came to visit this weekend and I got one picture. ONE. I'll be getting the Mom/Aunt of the Year Award any day now. Seriously.  Oh and within an hour of them being here my nephew flew headfirst into the coffee table. Turns out having 2 toddlers and 2 babies in the same house for a whole weekend can be SO exciting.
  • We took a break from house remodel stuff because we had Brian's mom visiting for 10 days, then my sister, and next weekend is Easter and my parents and baby sis are coming to visit. Bad news? Still have concrete floors. Good news? I can go a few more weeks without caring what we spill on the floor. Allie drank milk from her cereal bowl and most of it ended up on the floor? No problem. Maddie is trying to crawl and the snot and drool have left a trail on the floor? Not a worry. I have a toddler and a baby and there's constantly some bodily fluid or beverage or something on the floor? Piece of cake. Which is also somehow on the floor even though I have no idea where it came from.
  • I cleared my closet of a bunch of clothes that I no longer fit into. It was time. That size 4 dress that I've been holding onto for 4 years had to go. I think even if I get fit and slim again, my chest area will never be anywhere near a size 4 again. #perksofbabies The good news is I celebrated by getting a few new dresses that I'll share in another post.
  • I made my own midi skirt. The first one was a disaster and "looked homemade" as Brian put it. The second one is getting closer but still needs some work. I might post pics but only if it turns out super cute. Maybe I'll also post pics if it's an epic fail. Then you can all laugh at me. 
  • I'm not even going to proofread this post. My brain is puking onto the keyboard and I'm so tired that I don't even care if I misspelled something or if a sentence doesn't make sense. If this post doesn't make sense, go to sleep tonight, wake up several times (once for a few hours) and then try reading it tomorrow right after lunch. It might be easier to interpret.

Popular Posts