Sayeth what?

Allie is starting to be able to communicate better. I didn't teach her sign language or anything, being the huge procrastinator that I am, so mostly she just points and grunts. But she's finally started to nod her head 'yes' when I ask her questions. I'm also 100% sure she knows what I'm saying... Here's a few scenarios:
  • I smell poop. There's obviously only one culprit. I ask her "Allie, did you poop? Do you need a clean diaper?" She says "Umm.... yeah" and nods her head. And then runs away because she knows exactly what's coming next and there's nothing this girl hates more than getting her diaper changed. 
  • She's being really cranky. It's close to naptime, but a little early. I ask "Allie, are you tired? Is it time to sleep?" She says "Ummmmm...." and nods her head. She grabs her pacifier (which she's only been into recently) and raises her arms for me to pick her up. I put her in her crib and she sings and talks to herself for about 15 minutes before falling asleep. 
  • She'll walk over to the cabinet (where I keep her snacks) and start grunting and pointing. Then walk over to me and grunt and get this huge, cheesy smile on her face. So I'll ask "Allie, are you hungry?" Again, "Ummmmmmmmm.... yeah" and nods her head. 
Now in all of these scenarios, she might shake her head if she doesn't want food, or a clean diaper, or sleep. The funny thing is the "Ummm..." and look on her face like she's actually contemplating what she wants. I have no idea where she picked that up but it's the cutest thing ever.

Also, if you try to get any of this on video, you'll just end up with a blank stare and then she starts trying to grab the phone. So I have no evidence of this all actually happening...

Popular Posts