A Monday List

  • Last week the girls were sick. Fevers, vomiting, runny noses, coughing, ear infections, the works. We've basically been quarantined for a week and I'm going crazy. My poor girls are just now on the upswing of their sicknesses and I'm in cleaning mode. Every couch cushion, sheet, blanket, article of clothing is going to have to be washed because I refuse to get sick again! It feels like we've had sickness in this house on and off for the past 2 months. 
  • We switched Allie to her toddler bed a few weeks ago. We haven't really had problems with her getting out of bed until last week when she was sick and I woke up one night to have her standing next to my bed at 2 am staring at me. Another night, I woke up to the sound of little feet pit-patting and she scared me out of my wits because she was hiding in the hallway. It's like the toddler version of Gremlins. 
  • One thing I've never felt comfortable doing is taking a selfie. It's not that I don't like the way I look or something, I just feel like I always make an awkward face. I can't be serious because I look like I'm hiding something in my mouth. I can't smile because then it's like "Who's this creeper?" So then I end up doing some weird puckered mouth thing. #21stcenturyproblems
  • Allie is 2 1/2 now and there are many things I've discovered about children her age. It's not the terrible two's. It's just toddler problems. Like: My pants are tucked into my socks. I'm wearing the striped underwear instead of the princess underwear. My sister knocked my Cheerios onto the floor. My sippy cup was knocked over and I spilled some water on myself. You cut my pizza into pieces. You helped me put my pants on. You wet my hair in the bathtub, even though moments before I was splashing water all over the place (including on my hair). All of these have resulted in a full-blown meltdown. I sound like a broken record reminding her how important it is to control her emotions. All the while, doing my best to set an example (and almost always failing). Ahh the joys of parenting. 
  • Speaking of parenting, have you seen this video? It totally made me cry. I believe Brian's exact words were... "The baby was fine. Why are you crying?" 
  • It's Monday but here in the world of stay-at-home mom's that's basically just like every other day. I'm off to decontaminate our house and tackle this load of laundry. After my mani/pedi of course.

Popular Posts