Shopping for Clara

I got a text today from a friend, we'll call her Clara*. She admitted that she had only just spent a store credit gift card that she had had for at least 6 years. SIX YEARS.

If you know me at all, you know that gift cards burn holes in my pockets. When she told me it had been so long, my palms started itching and sweating like it was my own gift card that needed to be spent. It nearly drove me crazy when Brian hung on to his Home Depot gift cards for 3 years before finally spending them on a table saw. 

So she asked for help in spending her remaining gift cards. And immediately a blog post was born. If I were the one with a gift card, these are some things that I would have a hard time choosing between. But you better believe I'd have those gift cards spent before you could say "Bob's your uncle".
*Names have been changed to protect the identity of those persons involved. 

Popular Posts