Full bathroom

The strange thing about remodeling these places is that we haven't always done what we want. Sometimes we have to make decisions based on what's most cost effective or durable. The last house ended up being okay and everything was nice and new and pretty but there were a few areas where I would've definitely done things differently if it was our forever home.

We're kind of in the same boat with this place but that doesn't mean I can't still try to put our spin on things especially since we'll probably be here awhile. So while I won't pick the $9/sf hexagon tile that I really want, I'll still try to stick with neutral color themes that will translate well for the next owners. 

Last weekend was my nephew's birthday so we took advantage of my sister's close proximity to an Ikea and the Ikea Family sale to snag the cabinet for the bathroom. We're not 100% sure what will happen with the master bedroom sink nook yet. In the meantime, we still need to get the full bathroom up and working before we move in.

The bad news is that Brian didn't like the ridges on the light gray cabinet from Ikea. The good news was that we found a brand new (plastic still on) light gray cabinet in the AS IS section at Ikea for half the price. The other good news is that Brian okay'd my idea to build our own wooden drawer fronts. We'll do white paint in here because there are no windows so we need as much light in here as possible but I think the dark tile will contrast nicely and the wood accents will warm the space up.

Plus, you know, the girls' pink towels and multi-color bath toys always help bring color in too. 


Full bathroom

Popular Posts