Life... a year ago?

I have had this post sitting in my drafts since last August. I suppose I could just change a few things and it would still be applicable today :D
  • We've had the songs (and corresponding motions) from VBS stuck in our heads all week. Allie was even pretending to be the Leader for lesson time. "Everyone feeling good today? Yeah? Okay! Let's talk about our verse for today!" It's a sweet reminder that her little head does retain all the lessons, verses, and stories that we tell her. Even if in the moment of sin, it doesn't seem like it. But aren't we all that way? Next item on the list: teach her the actual words to the songs so I'm not hearing "thenazing graaaace, the mazing loooooove" So close. 
  • Speaking of Allie, she'll be 4 in less than 2 weeks. I can't believe it. The only thing she keeps asking for is a birthday party and a trip to Disneyland. I'm sure we'll be able to work both of those out (especially before our passes expire). 
  • Brian has this Friday off and instead of getting started on the HUGE list of to-do at the new house, we're gonna take a half day and meet up with college friends in San Diego at the beach. Plus gearing up for a full day of work on Saturday! Those popcorn ceilings have got to GO.
  • Allie overcame her fear of the ocean. Great. The last time Brian took her out, I was basically holding my breath the whole time and I think my shoulders are still tense. She was wearing floaties but they went so far out. She loved it. I was dying. At least I still have one terrified of the water. Maybe I'll feel better when she knows how to swim. And I'm cursing myself for not enrolling her in swim lessons earlier. Being a mother is stressful in so many ways. Like if they're not already in danger of getting run over by a car or dying of pneumonia, let's add drowning to the list.

Popular Posts