Still here.

Last you heard, we had gotten all of our things moved into the house. Unfortunately, the house wasn't livable yet (i.e. no stove or shower) so we were in our apartment for a few more days sleeping on an air mattress, which at 38 weeks pregnant was like sleeping on a teeter-totter. My poor husband...

When we were able to move into the house there were still contractors showing up to do a few last things. Brian has been working every day to finish the touch-ups. He set-up the internet yesterday so I'm finally able to blog, at least once before this baby shows up.

I've unpacked almost everything. Brian has to install the hall closet shelves and pantry before I can finish unpacking the kitchen and bathroom stuff. There's like 5 boxes of books sitting unpacked in the guest room waiting for the bookshelf that my dad is going to build when they come. As I type, our front door is being worked on and the paint on the bathroom door is drying. But we have clothes to wear, food to eat (and cook) and as of 3 - 7 pm today we will have a washer and dryer. Praise the Lord! Seriously. I was starting to think I might have to go all 1800's and wash some underwear on a washboard.

In the midst of all of this moving craziness, my grandma (Dad's mom) went to be with the Lord on Sunday morning. She's had Alzheimer's for a long time now so it wasn't unexpected but still sad. I wish I had pictures to show you but the last time we saw her was in the 90's when technology was still so brand new and I didn't carry a camera phone in my pocket. I was like 12 so I carried like Bonne Bell lip gloss in my pockets. She lived in Indiana so being in California meant we saw her once every 5 years or so. But again, it was the 90's so my sisters and I would write letters to her a lot. You know, like with stamps and stuff? Yeah, kids these days. Back in my day, you had to wait a week or 2 before getting a response to someone's message!

She always had the funniest stories about my dad and his little brother (my Uncle Steve). According to my dad, she's the one that he and my uncle get their inappropriate sense of humor from. She would always send us new pajamas for Christmas that had ruffles and frills on them. She's probably the reason my sisters and I have such a love for reading. There are a lot of precious memories I have of my grandma and even though I wish there were more, I'm glad that someday I will rejoice with her in Heaven forever, worshipping our Creator!

So I'm still here. Still carrying a baby that really likes to kick my ribs these days. Still unpacking. Still settling in. Still living in God's abundant grace and mercy. Still thankful everyday for His blessings.

And still blogging. :)

Popular Posts