Goals

Okay let's just talk exercise and weight loss and my butt for a minute.

I gained about 35 lbs with this pregnancy. A few days after coming home from the hospital, I had already lost 20 of those pounds. Don't ask me how - I'm guessing between having the baby and breastfeeding, the weight just came off. It was definitely NOT because I was eating well and exercising. 3 weeks later 5 more pounds have come off but the problem is that I still cannot fit into my pre-pregnancy shorts/pants.

The problem is... the remaining weight is stuck. In my rear end. Yes, that's right. I didn't get any stretch marks on my belly but my bottom has suffered and I have the marks to prove it. Unfortunately for my genes, I already had a fairly ample rear end to begin with so now that the remaining pregnancy weight has decided to settle there, I fear things shall never be the same.

So the other day I actually had the urge to run. Unfortunately I have a 3 week old baby so running probably won't happen anytime soon. But this urge to run must mean my brain is desperate to lose weight because I have NEVER been a runner. I'm not like those people who say "I hate to run but this morning I went running and did 5 miles and it felt so good."

I hate running.

The end.

I once was pushed coaxed to go running with my husband and this is how pathetic it was: we left our apartment door and hadn't even made it to the street yet before I had a leg cramp and was huffing and puffing. And it's not like my husband was sprinting, he would've been going backwards if he was going any slower. I once decided to see how long it would take me to do a mile on the treadmill and it took me 14 minutes. That's with me "running" which is really just walking with a bit of a spring in my step.

So I have a possible new goal: become a runner. This will be extremely difficult I'm sure but I don't know how else to lose the weight and tone things down back there. My secondary goal is to lose 15 pounds but I'll be happy if I just fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans again without the muffin top. Right now I can't even shimmy my way into them so that will be a feat in itself.

Now before you get too depressed that this might turn into some kind of fitness journey blog, never fear. I don't plan on documenting my journey too much but I can't promise that I won't use this as an outlet to complain about how much I loathe this decision I've made to lose weight and get in shape.

Pinterest says the hardest step for a runner is the first one out the door. But I would argue the hardest step might be the one you take right before your legs give out and you collapse.

Wish me luck!

P.S. I'm sorry I said butt. 

Popular Posts