The 90's were not 10 years ago.

As I was updating my iPhone with the new OS, I decided to scroll around iTunes for a bit and listen to some of the music out there. These days I don't really listen to the radio, mostly just worship songs or Disney music or showtunes, so I'm not very up-to-date on pop music.

I listened to a song by One Direction and TOTALLY loved it. I remembered seeing them at the London Closing Ceremonies and I totally wanted to scream and jump up and down on the couch singing along except that I didn't know the words and I'm not 13.

But that reminds me that I may have majorly geeked out when I saw the Spice Girls reunite at the Olympics closing ceremony. I turned up the volume and shook it to the left (Spice up your life!) as my husband watched with a shocked look on his face.

All that to say, the 90's were good to me. I'm certain my obsession with boy bands started with the NKOTB party my cousin had when she was 7 or something but those catchy tunes will always have a special place in my heart.

You know what else will have a special place? These shoes.


Popular Posts