Wed. Nes. Day.

A weird thing happened this morning.

Brian had left for work early and I was still asleep because someone decided that going to bed at 7:30 meant waking up at 4 a.m. was perfectly acceptable.

I was dreaming that someone made me really angry and I had threatened to punch them. And then they did whatever I said not to do and so I punched them. In my dream.

But in real life, I woke myself up punching the air.

I'm just glad Brian wasn't there because that could've been a) awkward or b) painful.

Also, the house is clean, the baby is asleep, laundry is FINALLY done and I actually have a minute to sit down and collect my thoughts.

Except there are none.

I've discovered (with the help/conclusion of other moms) that being a mom is such a full-time job that when you don't have to do it, you don't know what to do with yourself. And you wonder what on earth you spent all that time doing when you were just married with no kids.

Seriously, what did I do? Sit around on my butt eating bon-bons? I thought that's what was supposed to happen after you have the kids.

Some more thoughts for this lovely Wednesday morning... it is Wednesday, right? Yes, computer says Wednesday. I believe you Mr. Apple.
  • I'm pretty sure I'm gaining my "baby weight" back. Is that supposed to happen? How do I make it stop? Ohhhhh right. Eating right and exercise. Pfft. 
  • Allie is going to be 1 whole year old in 3 weeks. Don't even--I don't know--I can't talk about it right now. 
  • She also might be allergic to peanuts. Brian thinks this is a huge bummer because she won't be able to have pb&j's. I said there's other stuff like almond butter and you would've thought I suggested tofu as a substitute for steak. 
Well I hear the little monster stirring... finally, something to do!

Popular Posts