My So-Called Life

I don't even know where to start, but I'm so tired of packing - blogging it is! We move in 4 days and I can't even begin to tell you where we stand with the house because I'm so overwhelmed by it all. Seriously, we were talking about kitchen cabinets and I started crying. We weren't arguing about kitchen cabinets, just talking about them. I blame the pregnancy hormones.

Our Valentine's Day consisted of Brian working from 6pm - 4am and Allie and I going to bed at 7:30pm. We worked on the house all weekend (besides taking a break for church and a belated V-day lunch celebration on Sunday). The status of the house is: DUST. I'll have to get some pictures when I go over there later this week but it is definitely not liveable at the moment.

I dream about kitchen layouts and painting tips. I am constantly thinking about schedule of construction/events and my ever-growing to-do list. I am not even trying to take it easy (which was the doctor's suggestion of how to deal with sciatic pain) because then nothing would get done! After ripping up the carpet and having rain for 2 weeks, we discovered some problems that needed to be fixed before we could move forward. I feel like this is just a whirlwind of events and we're going to look back on this and wonder how in the world we accomplished anything.

But here's the good news: Allie has been a champ for the most part. She's pretty content to watch movies while we work on the house. I mean, it comes in 15-20 min chunks of time, but between movies, crayons, food, and her dolls, she's given us a few hours here and there where I could help Brian. He finished the floor in the girls room and our bedroom so at least we'll have a place to sleep when we move in. My sister drove up from LA last weekend and basically hung out with Allie for 4 days so we could get all kinds of stuff done. The same sister and my dad are driving up this weekend to help us move.

And the best part? I still have 4 more months before this baby is born. Last time we did this, Allie came a week later and we still had construction guys installing cabinets so this is going to seem like a piece of cake.

Now, next on my to-do list: bake cookies. :D

Popular Posts