Life (or something like it)

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged. Time seriously starts to just fly by the older you get. I mean, Maddie is already 3 weeks old. That's like ancient!

Today was Brian's first day back to work. And for the second time today, everyone is asleep (including Brian who actually got home early). I'm not sure what to think of this since it feels like the eerie calm before the storm. Is this normal? For a toddler and a newborn to sleep at the same time? I'm pretty sure it's not so I thought I'd squeeze in some blogging since it might never happen again.

What to write about... We still don't have a functional kitchen, but since Maddie was born, we've been getting meals delivered from different families at church. It's been so nice because we haven't had very many home-cooked meals in so long. Plus people always bring dessert so I've decided to just ignore that scale for a few more days and eat til my heart's content. I mean, I'm breastfeeding so I have to eat more, right? I'm sure the doctor would say eat more healthy food but blah blah, what does he know.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw that we installed half of the kitchen backsplash this weekend. Once that's finished, Brian just has to install the sink plumbing and then we'll have our kitchen and I could NOT be more stoked about that. At first it wasn't so bad not having to cook and wash dishes but now I'm sick of Little Caesar's and I'm ready for some real, made-from-scratch lasagna. Ahh who am  I kidding, I could never get sick of Little Caesar's. But I really do miss cooking.

This year is such a whirlwind. In less than 6 weeks we will be jumping on a plane to Maui to visit the in-laws. I've already started my compulsive list-making (and outfit planning, of course). After that we have a trip planned down to So Cal in November for my birthday. I turn the big 3-0 so what better way to celebrate than a trip to Disneyland? I mean, c'mon. Did you really expect anything else? Plus our annual passes expire November 15th so we basically have to go otherwise it's like a crime against... money. Or something.

I'm turning 30. I don't feel like sad or depressed or in denial about it. It's basically just another year. I know for some people it's like a rude awakening. Not sure why though... I mean, it's not like you wake up the morning of your birthday and you're suddenly geriatric. And it's also not like you wake up the morning of your birthday and suddenly are unable to accomplish anything on your bucket list.

So I'm not going to do like a 30 things before 30 or pretend I'm still young and just keep telling people I'm 29 for the next 30 years. I'm going to embrace it. I'm a mom of 2. I'm probably well on my way to wearing mom jeans, having an uncool dated hairstyle, and embarrassing my daughters with my super hip slang words and out of this world dance moves so why not have a little fun with it?

Popular Posts