Winter in Nor Cal

We're back. I'm always so excited to visit family but there really is no place like home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed, having your own comforts, drinking straight out of the milk carton...

I'll have to do a recap post once I get all the pictures together because there's like a hundred. Disneyland was a blast and Allie definitely enjoyed it much more this time around. She got to ride everything she wanted to except Peter Pan (which was crazy long wait every time I checked) and Cars (which she was just about half an inch too short for). I think the highlight was for sure the parade and the fireworks and I'm so glad we braved the cold and the crowds to see both.

I don't know for sure but I swear our house smelled like Christmas when we came home. It could've been that I was burning a Christmas candle right before we left when I was doing all my last minute packing and cleaning but I can't believe the smell lingered for a week! We came home to a Christmas house and COLD weather.

Probably one of the things that shocked me the most when I first came to Northern California was the bitter cold. I grew up in Southern California where the coldest it ever gets is maybe 50 degrees in the middle of the night in January. We just visited last week and it was in the 80-90's half the time. Obviously I'm used to warm winters.

The first time I visited Nor Cal, I was not prepared for being cold. I brought a snow jacket and wore it the entire time. I would never survive in a place like Michigan (where my dad was born, actually). I suppose I would adapt but I would sure be miserable those first few winters. I don't know if I've actually adapted here, but there is something nice about being able to pull out all my thick, cozy sweaters and scarves, and warm boots.

Speaking of sweaters... guess what I bought with my birthday money? Yeah. Sweaters. Because I obviously don't have enough. But it was all I could find that I really wanted from H&M and Target. I got this one from Target which is super similar to the one on my list that was 10 times the price from Free People and this one from H&M in tan/brown because I don't have a tan/brown sweater but now I do. I guess my addiction to sweaters hasn't ended. And just like that... POOF... my birthday money was gone before you could say Bob's your uncle.

Popular Posts