An Eventful Friday

Well it's Friday again. I don't have a list for you but I do have a fun story.

I finally decided on a pattern for Allie's quilt. So today, I decided to start cutting the fabric. I got about halfway through when I sliced through my finger with the rotary cutter.

It hurt.

Extremely bad.

I grabbed some paper towels to stop the bleeding, but not before I cleaned the blood off of my brand new rotary cutter. Priorities, people. After a few minutes, it started to really throb. I could feel my pulse in my finger.

So I wrapped the base of my finger in masking tape to cut off the circulation, wrapped it in more paper towels, and called Brian. Here's how the convo went:

Me: Don't get mad.
B: What happened....
Me: I sliced my finger and it's bleeding pretty badly. So I have a question... does it have to completely stop bleeding before I can close it up with super glue?
B: Yes, it has to be dry for the glue to work... what'd you do?
Me: Don't get mad.
B: {probably rolling his eyes}
Me: I was cutting fabric for Allie's blanket and my finger got in the way.
B: Oh poopy...
Me: I know, I know... I have to be careful.
B: Well keep me posted. And don't pass out while holding Allie.
Me: Thanks. Okay, blood dripping. Gotta go... bye.
*click*

At this point, Allie started crying. She had woken up from her nap and was demanding to be fed. Our kitchen sink was looking like I had brutally murdered someone but the bleeding would not stop. I had to carry her with one arm and instead of trying to make it all the way to my chair, I plopped on the floor to feed her and did what any normal human being in this day and age does when something like this happens.

I Googled it.

What a terrible, terrible idea. I did learn that I'm definitely not the first person to do this. I also learned that it could have been a LOT worse. A LOT.

About an hour later, I checked the wound to see if it was still bleeding. It wasn't, so I covered it in super glue and decided to update all of you about it.

Oh and in case you're wondering, I've decided to stick to crocheting for awhile.

Popular Posts