A Friday List

  • Allie turned 2. Don't even talk to me about it.
  • Oh, this was terrifying: I put Allie down for her nap on Saturday. (Naps aren't terrifying, the story that follows is what terrified me.) Usually she wakes up after an hour and if she's really screaming and panicking, I go in and tell her it's still nap time and that she needs to go back to sleep. Usually, she does. But on Saturday, I walked down the hallway to hear someone playing with toys in her room, which scared the daylights out of me. I peeked in and saw an empty crib. Panic. Scan the room... oh, there you are daughter of mine. How on earth did you get out? Put her back in the crib and asked her to show me how she got out of the crib. Sure enough, one leg hoisted up on the rail and then threw her body weight to the other side. It was like watching the velociraptor open the door on Jurassic Park. I'm beginning to think a full on cage isn't such a bad idea for a toddler. 
  • Maddie is 2 months old. She is a hoot. She loves to smile and laugh and watch her sister. Unless her sister happens to be smothering her with hugs and kisses, then the panic, fear, and terror set in and it's no longer fun for anyone. She already coos and ahhs and says hi. She's wearing 3 month clothing and growing like a weed. I cannot handle this. Correction: I handle this by curling up in a ball and sobbing to myself while eating Cheetos. 
  • We leave for Maui tomorrow. I'm not sure why but I'm more anxious and nervous about this trip than excited. Paradise! Fun! Babysitters! What's not to be excited about? But all I think is... plane flight! Puking babies! Forget to pack underwear! Totally irrational, I know. I've already packed, like, 68 pairs of underwear.
  • Our 4 year anniversary is in a week. I asked Brian if he wanted to do something and he said "Besides go to Hawai'i for 10 days?"... I said "So I guess you didn't plan a romantic candlelight dinner on the beach then...?" and he said "You wanna eat candles on the beach?" followed by "I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to have fire on the beach..." and then I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck in the back of my head.
  • Happy Friday and Labor Day weekend!

Popular Posts