House Shopping: Living Room Edition

We've had a greenish gray microfiber sectional since we got married. It was free, we were poor newlyweds, it worked for us. Incidentally, it went well with the free coffee table with matching side table, free giant TV and a media cabinet that we updated for $15.

Now here we are 4 years and 2 kids later and I despise our couch. It's a great couch... if you don't have kids. It shows every. Single. Spot. And with a toddler around... well, our couch is taking a serious beating. I don't like that it looks hideous and I have to scrub and spot clean every time Allie gets something on it. Let's throw a newborn in the mix and it's just looking really, really awful.

I know there are a million tutorials on Pinterest for cleaning microfiber couches. That's not my problem. What I want is a dark colored couch that doesn't show stains in the first place. Preferably with removable cushion covers that I can just toss in the wash every few weeks.

So I started shopping around.

I started with Ikea.

And ended there.

Because I met Karl (I stole this nickname from YHL). And I loved him. His price, his removable covers, his sleek modern look. Sold. We haven't made the plunge yet because we don't have flooring in the living room and I'd really like to see if I can sell our current couch before purchasing a new one but we'll see what happens...

In the meantime, here's a mood board I threw together to plan my living room style. I think I might go with 2 different color couches. What do you think? Too mismatchy or bold? Or better to break up one monotonous color? We were going to go with another sectional but I think I like the 2 different colors better...


Living Room

Popular Posts