Interviews with Allie

It's crazy that in just a short amount of time, Allie has gone from singular words to stringing together sentences. I thought I'd start a diary of some of the things she says that make me smirk from day to day.

Me: "Allie, time to pee in the toilet."
Allie: "No. I peed in the toilet yesterday."

Allie: (listening to "I wonder" from Sleeping Beauty) "What's this?"
Me: Sleeping Beauty
A: No, it's Cinderella.
Me: I think I would know. It's Sleeping Beauty.
A: No, it's Cinderella.
Me: Fine. You win. It's Cinderella.
A: No, it's Sleeping Beauty.

Me: "Allie, please be gentle around Maddie."
A: *makes a face at Maddie, who giggles in return* "Look. It's happy."

Me: *cleaning her nose out with an aspirator*
A: "THAT'S SO GROOOSSSSS!!!"

*Maddie is fussing in her chair*
A: "It's okay Maddie. It's okay. I've got you."

Literally every single time she goes to the bathroom.
A: "I PEED IN THE TOILET!!!"
And yes, even in public places like church, or restaurants. She comes back and announces it with such enthusiasm, arms raised up like she's just finished a marathon. It's my own fault, I suppose, for making such a big deal out of it in the first place. Curse you potty training tips on Pinterest!

And a funny incident... Brian was cleaning up from making waffles with Allie, Maddie was asleep on our bed, and I was showering. He heard Allie walk away and realized it was too quiet. He walked back to our room to find Allie holding a very awake Maddie. Actually she wasn't holding her and I'm not sure I can convey the awkwardness of the situation. Just imagine what it would look like if a toddler decided to pick up a sleeping baby. Allie just informed Brian "I hold my baby."




Popular Posts