Boring stuff.

Sometimes life is boring. That's what happens when you're an adult. And today's boring topic is: health insurance!

Like I mentioned before, I lost my previous insurance (since I'm no longer working) and got a new one. (Praise the Lord!) Before, I had Kaiser Permanente. I loved KP. Maybe I'm biased because my mom works for them but I've had Kaiser almost my whole life and I've never had anything bad to say about them. It was always a good experience and you can count on state-of-the-art equipment and usually friendly service. In fact, one time the equipment was so high tech, I think the doctor examining my mild concussion was having a hard time with it. I almost offered to help him with his computer but then decided he might not take it so well from a young whippersnapper like me.

At any rate, my new insurance is with Blue Cross. I don't have anything against them, I suppose. I've never known any insurance besides Kaiser. I'm guessing it's not that different though.

Here's the dilemma: the closest hospital to our apartment is one that I've heard some not-so-raving reviews on. I can try to get into another hospital but...

Here's my question: if they have doctors who can deliver my baby safely and drugs in case I decide I don't want to deal with the pain, how much should I expect our 24-48 hours in the hospital to be like staying in a resort? Should I really need my experience to be so pleasant that I have to drive an extra 30 minutes to a better hospital? I have no idea since I've never had any babies before. Maybe it could be worse than I think but I feel like 1-2 days in a hospital aren't going to be that great no matter where you are. Should I care more? Someone help me.

Popular Posts