The phone calling saga continues...

I had to call Kaiser to get my medical records transferred to my new doctor and the nice lady helping me asked me to spell out my email address letter by letter with a sample (like "b as in boy").

Now, I don't know what it is but I always panic when I have to think of a word that starts with that letter. There are always 2 scenarios that play out in my head:

1) Whenever it comes to the "p" in my name I ALWAYS want to say "P as in... pneumonia?" Thank you Brian Regan.

2) I want to say "S as in Stephanie. T as in Tephanie. E as in Ephanie. P as in Phanie (etc...) and E as in 'ello there mate!" Thank you Friends.

I think the weirdest thing was getting to the "r" in my email address and having never had an "r" in my name before being married, I balked and stuttered. Eventually, I came out with "r as in rrrrr...robot". I even drew out the "rrr" like I was trying to sound Mexican and roll my r's but my white girl side was taking over. She probably thought I was "s as in special".

Popular Posts