Resuscitating the blog

If my blog were a plant, it'd be dead by now.

I wish I had some good excuse but I've just been downright lazy and not wanting to blog. So instead of making excuses, I think I'll just give you the cliff notes version of my life/thoughts lately.

We've spent the last 2 weekends in L.A. which was so much fun but exhausting. We had another baby shower and my mom turned 60. Elvis was there. We finally ordered the car seat which only cost us $13. I'm 32 weeks along and fairly certain that my body temperature maintains a solid 148.92 degrees at all times now.

It's hot.

My parents surprised us (well, me) with a Kitchen Aid which I've used twice and loved even though I was a little scared to use it at first because of how expensive it is. We also got a memory foam mattress topper and my nights are a little better, although warmer. We've finished high school ministry for the year and will now take a break for summer. I've gained 20 lbs total this pregnancy and haven't worked out in like 3 weeks.

It's hot.

I lost my favorite crochet needle to the couch. I wish it was socially acceptable to walk around in a swimsuit all the time. With a spray bottle fan. My husband got poison oak doing some landscaping at a house 2 weeks ago. I lost my health insurance and then got a different one a few weeks later.

It's still hot.

We now have to maneuver around all the baby stuff slowly taking over our apartment. We put offers on 2 more houses. Things are starting to feel squashed in my midsection area. I wish I had an Oreo milkshake right now. Summer is starting which means I will be either in the pool or sticking my head in our freezer.

It's so hot I think I'll go stick my head in the freezer and call it a night. Right after I check to see if anyone has invented a mattress that cools you down while fanning you and massaging your feet. If not, I'll invent one and sell it to all the pregnant women in the world. I'll be a millionaire before this baby's born.

Popular Posts