Growing faith

I'm teaching at our Women's Ministry Meeting on Thursday night about encouragement through suffering and trials and how the Lord always uses trials to grow our faith in Him. This morning I was reviewing my notes and finishing up last minute additions and such...

Then I decided to tackle my health insurance issue again and try to schedule an appointment with a doctor. 

Remember how I said I didn't really feel like Anthem was better/worse than Kaiser?

I take it back. Kaiser is waaaaayyy better than Anthem and that's all I have to say about that.

No wait.. I have more to say. After 30 minutes of hold music, I started to go delirious. Since it's instrumental and plays the same song over and over, I started singing along out loud. And talking to myself. And talking to the message machine recordings that would cut in every few minutes and remind me that they are really busy and a representative would be with me "shortly".

Then I proceeded to call 6 different doctor's offices and have them all say that there was some reason or another that they don't accept the insurance I have (even though they were listed on the website as accepting it).

I took Kaiser for granted. It's MUCH easier to find a doctor and know where to go and what to do. After doctor #5, I started to think maybe I was screwed. But I reminded myself that God is in control no matter what happens so just keep calling and DON'T worry.

Anyway, 2 hours and 11 phone calls later (to different doctor's offices and back-and-forth with Anthem), I finally have a doctor, a hospital to deliver at and insurance to cover it all.

Then I realized... this was just one more little trial that God is using to grow my faith. And the bottom line of my teaching (which is stolen from my pastor's sermon on Romans 4 from Sunday): we have one thing to learn in trials: that God is FAITHFUL! And one thing to avoid: doubting Him!

So... I'm thankful that God is faithful to provide for our little family and thankful that He teaches me to put my faith in Him, not in myself or others and definitely not in our health system.


Popular Posts