A Shared Room

We had big plans to do an adorable announcement with pictures of Allie that said something cute like "Big Sister Coming June 2014" or something like that. But things kept happening, weekends kept filling up with friends and family and pretty soon I was in my 2nd trimester and starting to show. We decided that telling people was probably better than trying to wait until we took the pictures.

Anyway, back to the moving thing. Sorta. I never really finished Allie's room. Her nursery actually ended up taking a totally different direction than what I had planned. Well, it would've anyway if I had finished it. I got about halfway with the wall decorations and started on the wall collage. And by started I mean I hung a clock and taped one birth print to the wall. And then the frames (with pictures in them, mind you) sat under her crib collecting dust because I never got around to hanging them.

So I'm going to be honest with you guys: this is what my dream nursery looks like. But realistically? I'll be lucky if we get everything moved in and organized before this baby comes. Just for kicks and giggles though, I'm going to make a nursery checklist. Mmkay?

Toddler and Baby Shared Room


Toddler and Baby Shared Room 2

Here's my checklist wishlist:
  • Paint the dresser and crib white (scary, right?)
  • Get a new rug (the nursery will have wood flooring) but preferably not a raging expensive one
  • Make Buy a black/white mobile
  • Buy those striped yellow sheets from Land of Nod (or any yellow sheets)
  • Make a crocheted blanket for each kid (new baby will have black/white, Allie will have yellow) I'm not 100% sold on this one since Allie was given 43 blankets (that's an exaggeration) so she really doesn't need another one. The thing is, they're all pink or purple or brown and don't go with the decor.  
  • Bring in pops of color by displaying toys
So there it is... what do you think?

Popular Posts