Maternity Must-haves under $30

Now that I'm well into my second pregnancy (and a pro at this now), I thought I'd put together a list of some of the staples in my maternity wear that don't break the bank!

I realize this looks monochromatic but the tops all come in lots of different colors so you can have fun with it!

Also, a few items are over $30 but Gap and Old Navy are constantly having 30-40% off sales which is what I waited for to buy any maternity stuff which puts them under my per-item budget of $30. :)

Maternity Must-haves

  1. Gap Pure Body Short Sleeve Shirt: I have this shirt in black, white, and gray. It is SO unbelievably comfortable and well worth the money. 
  2. H&M Long Basic Tank Top: These aren't actually maternity shirts (although H&M has a really cute line of maternity clothing). They're basic $6 tanks which I owned before I became pregnant and found myself reaching for constantly during my pregnancy to layer under shirts, sweaters, whatever. Plus they come in a ton of different colors!
  3. Old Navy Perfect Pop-Color Tank Top: These are similar to the H&M tanks in that they're not maternity, but they're inexpensive, come in a ton of different colors, and are perfect for summer when you don't feel like wearing a tee shirt but need a little more than a spaghetti strap to cover that monstrous pregnancy bra strap.
  4. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Sleeveless Knit Dress: Everyone needs an LBD and pregnant women are no different. I went with a sleeveless one since both of my pregnancies have been in the summer, but Target carries long sleeved versions in the winter. These dresses are knit so they're comfy but don't look too casual.
  5. Old Navy Maternity Full-Panel Skinny Jeans: Even though I was pregnant in the summer, I still needed a good pair of skinnies for those random cold summer nights. These jeans are so comfortable and LONG which I love.
  6. Old Navy Maternity Low-Panel Skinny Jeans: In the beginning of my pregnancies, I swelled around my midsection pretty quickly. Wearing my normal jeans was just uncomfortable, so I opted for a low-panel option that I wore well after Allie was born. As in I never went back to normal jeans.
  7. Old Navy Maternity Jersey Leggings: A good, comfortable pair of leggings is a must - especially for sleeping in. These come in a pack of 2 which makes them extra affordable!
  8. Gap Foldover Long Skirt: Maxi dresses and skirts were my best friends when I was pregnant with Allie. It gave the look of being dressed up but had the feel of comfy yoga pants. This skirt is incidentally on sale for $19 right now!!!
These are just basic pieces that can be layered, dressed up, accessorized and styled to fit your own personality. If you're pregnant in the summer like I was, then add a good pair of maternity shorts to this list! I love mine from Old Navy.

Disclaimer: Old Navy, Gap, H&M, and Target didn't pay me to love on their products, but they really should. Because I do love them!

Popular Posts