Let's catch up

Is it really Monday again? Things have been such a whirlwind since we got back so I'll just catch you up with a list. Shocker.
  • I already want to go back and visit So Cal. Our trip was way too short. It's crazy that I haven't seen some of my family/friends in months but when we get together, it's like we never left. I LOVE that. I love having relationships that stand the test of time and I truly believe it's because of our faith in Christ. I always leave refreshed, encouraged, and missing when those conversations took place in random places/times like oh... on the kitchen floor at 1 am. Also, I miss Disneyland. We're moving there when we retire. It's my Maui. Just kidding. Sorta. 
  • So Brian's dad has been here. He's been attacking the jungle in the front and back yard while Brian continues to work on the inside of the house. I think he was a little shocked with our current living conditions, but the good news is that they're already making some big strides with an extra set of manly, non-pregnant, non-toddler hands around. Don't worry I'm posting about that as soon as I grab some bad, grainy, iPhone pictures. 
  • And speaking of Brian's family... his brother gets back from Afghanistan tomorrow. Which means another set of manly, non-pregnant, non-toddler hands around to help. And these hands actually used to work with Brian at his last job doing remodeling so that helps a lot. "Thanks for serving our country, here's a drill. Get to work."
  • So now I'm in list making mode. I think I'm getting my 3rd trimester nesting wind. The girls' room will be painted Thursday so I can start unpacking newborn stuff, arranging cribs and furniture, and get the room generally settled so I won't be digging stuff out of boxes when the new baby comes. The kitchen should start going in pretty soon after that so I'll be unpacking all of our kitchen stuff (no more paper plates!!! Sorry, Earth.) I'll also be doing some major deep cleaning now that most of the demolition dust is settling. It's kind of weird because up until this point, so much of the work has been little, tedious things that just take time and we haven't really been able to make big strides toward the finished product. But now that the little things are done and we have extra help with the big things, it seems to all be happening faster. 
  • I had a Mother's Day weekend in which Brian made me waffles for breakfast Saturday and Sunday. I've been craving them for like 3 months so that alone was enough to make me happy. Plus he wrangled Allie for the most part, let me buy myself some dresses that will cover my bump and bum, and I didn't have to cook at all so this pregnant momma was pretty happy. 
  • I've had ice cream for after dinner 4 days in a row. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Popular Posts