A Monday List

Instead of tidying up the house, like I should be while both girls are sleeping, I decided to blog. I have so much on my mind. Ha... okay, not really but I thought it was time for another Friday Monday list!
  • The nights are definitely starting to cool down. It makes me want to crochet and snuggle on the couch watching movies. And of course eat all kinds of apple/pumpkin/fall goodness.
  • Saturday we moved the guest bed out into the shed. And by we, I mean me. And by moved, I mean dragged through the house and out into the back yard. I'll just give you a play by play... "I'll just do as much as I can until I really need Brian's help. I don't want to interrupt his work groove on the bathroom (which is ready for tile!!!). I can totally lift this mattress. Nope. I can totally drag this mattress. I can totally take apart this Ikea bed. Boom. Done. I can totally lift this small nightstand. Wait. Are there rocks in the drawers? *Sigh... Allie... Huh. No rocks. It's okay, I got this. Phew! All done!" {THE NEXT MORNING} "I'll just sit here in my rocking chair and feed Maddie...... Okay, all done. I'll just stand up and put her in her bassinet. NOPE. NOPE. MAYDAY. MAYDAY. CHEST TIGHT. SPINE MUST BE BROKEN. CAN'T BREATHE. CALL BRIAN." And then I spent the rest of the day being a useless lump of flesh. NOTE TO SELF: Maybe stretch after lifting heavy things and carrying them around? Maybe? Otherwise you'll pull a back muscle and scare yourself into thinking that you broke your spine. Ehh it's okay. Nothing a little heating pad and massage couldn't fix.
  • So we're turning our guest room into an office/play room (hence moving the guest bed out into the shed). We don't have guests as often as we need an office so we decided to make this space functional for us. I'm drawing up plans for building a big, long desk. Brian needs space to draw/design and I need space for bills/papers/coupons/whatever else paper junk that needs to be organized.  Maybe I'll let you know how it goes. Or maybe you should just follow me on Instagram because that's probably where I'll document it... This blog is definitely not a DIY blog. In fact, I don't really think it fits into any category. Weird ramblings of a 20-something (almost 30), stay-at-home, craft-ADD, shop-a-holic woman? I've got that niché covered.
  • Allie's kitchen still isn't done. It's missing an oven door and the baskets for the fridge. Poor kid. She still plays with it though. Her little half-finished kitchen. #firstworldproblems Maybe we'll get it done for Christmas this year? Or maybe we'll just give up and let her think that it's normal for ovens to not have doors....?
  • We're finally back into work-on-the-house mode and the bathroom will finally be something more than an empty room with a tub and open wall frames. Drywall has been hung so next step is tiling which is actually my favorite part! Although drywall mudding is also lots of fun... Anyway, we decided to go with subway tile, like we did for the kitchen back splash. But to mix things up, we're doing a straight herringbone pattern like this one. I'm pretty excited to see how everything turns out.
Well, that's all for now! Happy Monday!

Popular Posts