Why so serious?

It's strange how technology has changed things. Warning: semi-serious post ahead.

I've been blogging for about 3 years now. It's never been about the money. Obvs. (I mean, I'm still waiting on that check from Google for that $0.03 I earned through ads.)

It's always been an outlet for me. I like to write. I think I'm funny. Sometimes I read what I've written and chuckle to myself. But I've never really felt pressure to keep up with new projects, new ideas, new blog material to bring in more readers. I think I started out with... 3 readers? And now I'm up to like 7?

I've been reading a handful of blogs over the years and all of these writers at some point or another have decided to take a break. They want to focus more on family, less on blogging. Totally fine with me. I will always encourage someone to spend more time with the ones you love because that matters more. I guess I've always subconsciously made that decision which is why sometimes I have posts every other day and other times it can go 2 weeks without a post.

But since I don't get paid for this (I don't really care to, actually), I've never been concerned about anything like how to get more readers, more sponsors, more money. I know it would be different if all of a sudden, someone wanted to pay me to do this. But maybe I'd say no. Because I would never want to make this blog stressful. It's always been about sharing my feelings and thoughts, not about turning it into a business. Plus I really can't imagine anyone wants to pay me to share my feelings and thoughts. Pretty sure you usually have to pay someone else to do that and they're called a therapist.

At any rate, I'm going to keep doing this as long as I feel like. As long as there's a funny story to tell. As long as there's a list of weird and random thoughts going through my mind. As long as the internet will let me.

You guys make it easy on me. You read my thoughts and put up with my random topics and still keep coming back.

So thank you, 7 faithful readers. Let's get back to the fun stuff, shall we? Friday list coming tomorrow! *muah* *hugs*

Popular Posts