You know you're old when...


  • You read something written by teenagers like "That is so goals" and have no idea what they're talking about. Tumblr? Snapchat? I don't even know. I'm barely on Instagram and Pinterest.
  • You start buying furniture that matches. My motto as a 20-something year old was "Any furniture is better than sitting on the floor." Now I'm actually able to start acquiring things that look good together. 
  • 9 pm sounds really late to you. Even when I was a 20-something year old, I never really stayed up too late. But now, by the time we get the girls ready for bed, in bed, back in bed (for the toddler), clean up the dinner dishes, get ready for the next day, it's all I can do to brush my teeth before I can collapse in bed knowing in just a few hours, I'll be awakened by a crying baby.
  •  
  • You start spending money on lawn mowers, area rugs, and bedding instead of spending it on clothes, eating out every day, and trips. But you know what else? You spend your money on whatever you want. A whole roll of Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough? As a kid, not a chance your mom would buy that for you. As an adult, don't mind if I do!
  • Speaking of trips, as a 20-something year old my trips were fun, relaxing, low-key. As an old person, they're low-key alright. Because all I want to do on a trip is sleep. Uninterrupted. For 3 days straight. And don't even get me started on the packing difference. TWO WHOLE EXTRA SUITCASES FOR BABIES AND THEY'RE TINIER THAN I AM.
  • Things hurt. You bend over to pick up a baby and your back aches. You wash the dishes and your feet hurt. You wear high heels and your knees ache. The list goes on.
  • You start to see trends come back in that were in style when you were a kid. Oh my... the trends! That'll be tomorrow's post.

Popular Posts