Styling a family photo shoot

What a week... I can't believe it's already Thursday! This time next week it will be Thanksgiving! Are you kidding me??? This is flying by way too quickly...

A few days ago my very pregnant ex-roommate emailed me for a favor. She's planning a newborn/family photo shoot in January and asked if I could come up with some outfit options for her. I really really REALLY wish that I had a closet full of stuff and could be their personal photo shoot stylist but time, money and distance will not permit so she will have to make do with my Polyvore creations.

Since they're taking pictures in January (and probably outside) I thought I'd go for several wintery looks with chunky scarves. And then in the last set I changed my mind when I saw the chunky necklace, but we'll get there.

And of course, I gave several options of scarves - Sarah, I do not intend for you to wear 2-3 scarves at once.

It will be Sarah, her husband and her precious baby boy so I decided to get a little carried away and styled all three. I had so much fun putting these outfits together that I really wish I could do this for like a living. Not for crazy fashion magazines but for like real people. I'd have to charge like $500 a set though to make any real money so that probably won't happen... *Sigh... Enjoy!
Family Shoot Option 1
Insight 51 long sleeve shirt, $50H m cardiganOld Navy skinny jeans, $30Old Navy lace trim camisole, $8Forever21 rubber boots, $35BCBG Max Azria square earrings, $13Abercrombie Fitch genuine leather belt, $48Floral scarve, $32Brixton knitted shawl, $31Old Navy fringed shawl, $13Old Navy Mens New Dark Authentic Straight-Fit Jeans, $30Gap Knitwaist Straight Jeans (Dark Wash), $35Gap Shearling Trapper Hat, $20Gap Cozy Knit Booties, $17Gap Thermal Bodysuit, $15Gap Baby White Triple Roll Socks, $3
Family Photo Shoot Option 2
Banana republic sweater, $60Old Navy topOld navy skinny jeans, $30Forever21 flat boots, $35H M metal necklace, £7.99H&M earrings, £3.99H M bracelet, £3.99Forever21 metal earrings, $3.80H M bracelet, £1.49H M braided jewelry, £1.99Cheap Monday scarve, £30Wet Seal knitted shawl, $11Old Navy Mens New Dark Authentic Straight-Fit Jeans, $30Gap Knitwaist Straight Jeans (Dark Wash), $35Gap Shearling Buckle Booties, $23Old Navy Fair Isle Trapper Hat & Mitten Sets For Baby, $17Gap Thermal Bodysuit, $15Gap Baby White Triple Roll Socks, $3
Family Photo Shoot Option 3
Old Navy printed top, $23Old Navy zipper jeans, $30Forever21 knee high platform boots, $35Old Navy knotted bead necklace, $6.99Forever21 lacquer jewelry, $9.80Forever21 hoop earrings, $1.50Acrylic scarve, €34Old Navy fringe scarve, $15Old Navy Men's Western Shirts, $35Old Navy Mens New Dark Authentic Straight-Fit Jeans, $30Gap Knitwaist Straight Jeans (Dark Wash), $35Gap Cozy Knit Booties, $17Gap Fleece Hat & Mittens, $17Gap Thermal Bodysuit, $15Gap Baby White Triple Roll Socks, $3

Popular Posts