Husbands and fashion... DO mix. Sorta.

First I have to point out that my older sister did not just hang up on our family conference call. She hung on for a few minutes and then said goodbye so she could get some rest before going off to work... I realized after I posted that maybe she sounded like a meanie but she's sick and she CANNOT be sick for our Disneyland trip tomorrow so we needed her to be in tip-top shape.

Anyway, a few days ago, I bought that grey sweater from Old Navy that I featured on Monday.

It did end up being on sale and you bet your bottom dollar that I'll be heading back in a few weeks to get some more money back from Old Navy. (Did you know that if you purchase something and then the price goes even further down, you can go back to the store with your receipt and they'll refund you the difference? Yes. Old Navy will be paying me to wear that sweater. Basically.)

Last night I was modeling several outfits, trying to decide what I would wear to Disneyland. I put on the sweater that I already love so much and this is what my husband said when I walked out of the bedroom to twirl around in it and get his approval:

"You look like Clint Eastwood from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

After seeing that, I must say Clint looks quite ravishing. In fact, his poncho is definitely in style these days. So I took it as a compliment.

Then my husband decided that he wanted to know what makes things fashionable. I said he wouldn't understand. He said "try me". I said "I wouldn't even be able to explain 5 different fashion rules without you getting bored and deciding you don't care that much."

He said "Tell me 3 then."

So he sat there while I explained the rule of not letting things stop at your waist if you have big hips (like me) {meaning it must be lower than your waist or high waisted}, the rule of mixing chunky with thin (like not wearing chunky sweaters with sweatpants and calling it a day - not that I ever do that...) and the rule of colors for my skin tone (which is really just a rule for myself).

This morning when I got dressed, he said "Oh I see how you wear a long tank top so that you don't cut off your waist and accentuate your hips. But I like your hips."

He actually learned something about fashion, you guys. I mean he remembered exactly what I was talking about and applied it. And in a round-about way, showed me his love in his own way. And he likes my Big Bertha hips. Success!

He's really just the best husband ever.

Just thought I'd brag for a bit.

By the way I'M GOING TO L.A. TODAY!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'll probably cry when I see my sisters. I'll also probably cry when I get on the tram to get to Disneyland. I'll also probably kiss and hug the person working the turnstyle at Disneyland. And then I'll full-body tackle Mickey, when I see him. And then I'll overeat too much sushi on Saturday night and get sick. Sounds like a fun weekend, right??

Popular Posts