Mac 'n cheese

Now that I have some extra time on my hands, I can make the more elaborate dinners that I always avoid because they seem to take forever and we get hungry quickly in this house.

Today was barbecue chicken with mac 'n cheese and corn (I would've liked to have corn on the cob but I already had frozen corn and that's really the next best thing...). I actually had time to marinate the chicken ahead of time! I'm not sure if it made a difference really but we're not here to talk about the chicken anyway...

Macaroni and cheese. One of my favorite quick meal-from-a-box in high school but done the real grown-up way.

I used a Pioneer Woman inspired recipe (meaning I followed most of her steps). I left out the whole egg part because a) it seemed way too complicated and b) I made 1/4 of her recipe and I don't know how to split an egg into quarters.

Result? Yummy. Fattening obvs... even a few mouthfuls was rich enough to fill me up. But it was a nice little side dish to our barbecue chicken.

And here's the Instagram pic of what was left after we ate dinner... Yeah I didn't even get a plate shot. I'm not kidding when I say we get hungry quickly in this house...

Popular Posts