- We're too cheap to spend money on costumes. Even on an adorable one for Allie. I'm sure she would look so cute as a ladybug but when a costume costs half of what you spend on groceries for a week, you get a little perspective.
- We're too greedy to buy candy and then give it away. I know you're cute little Cinderella but I work hard and my reward is this Kit Kat bar so off you go. Life is tough. The quicker you learn that, the better.
- We're too lazy to answer the door multiple times. Well, actually this is just me.
- Brian had Systematic Theology class last night which means I was home alone with Allie.
- We have a 2 month old baby. I don't know if that really hurts or helps it but just thought I'd make this an even 5 things list.
So last night I bid adieu to my husband and settled myself on the sofa to crochet while watching Mirror, Mirror. We had a few people knock but since I was hiding with the lights off, they gave up pretty quickly.
The last trick-or-treater showed up around 8:10 and after a few half-hearted knocks, they were on their way. About 20 minutes later, I heard water dripping outside. It sounded like someone had turned on the water hose right outside our front door.
I held my breath (and pretty sure my heart stopped beating) as I listened for footsteps or anything to give away that I was in immediate danger. I thought this was like one of those things you read on a chain email where the killer turns on the water so you go outside to check on it and that's when they attack you.
I didn't hear anything so I decided to text Brian about it... (and yes, his nickname for me is poopy. Whatevs. It works for us.)