A Fall List

Time for a fall weather list...
  • make soups. My favorites lately are chili, clam chowder and chicken tortilla soup. Note: I've noticed that adding a roux base to the chicken tortilla soup improves the texture from soupy to chunky. Look at me! Using fancy words like roux and chunky.
  • crochet. I'm working on a scarf for my baby sis. Pictures to come. HAHAHAHA... just kidding, there will be no pictures. 
  • craft. I bought a ton of Christmas crafting stuff at Joann's last year in January when all the Christmas stuff was on sale and then boxed it away and never used it.
  • build fires. The great thing is we have a fireplace this year so I don't have to build one in the middle of the floor of our apartment!
  • watch Christmas movies. Except the only Christmas movie we have is The Nightmare Before Christmas and that's kind of a Halloween movie. So.... yeah. Lord of the Rings it is.
  • snuggle under a blanket and read a good book. The grown up in me is going to attempt to continue Mere Christianity but the kid in me wants to read Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. What? That's a good book!!!
  •  wear thick fuzzy socks and sweatpants all the time. Obviously this is not acceptable in public places. Let the record show that I fully support the acceptability of sweatpants in public at all times. Thank you, your honor.
  • drink hot chocolate and eat cookie dough. I'm pretty certain the cookie dough thing is year round but whatevs. 
So how about you? Anything weird that this season brings out in you? No? Just me then? 

Popular Posts