- make soups. My favorites lately are chili, clam chowder and chicken tortilla soup. Note: I've noticed that adding a roux base to the chicken tortilla soup improves the texture from soupy to chunky. Look at me! Using fancy words like roux and chunky.
- crochet. I'm working on a scarf for my baby sis. Pictures to come. HAHAHAHA... just kidding, there will be no pictures.
- craft. I bought a ton of Christmas crafting stuff at Joann's last year in January when all the Christmas stuff was on sale and then boxed it away and never used it.
- build fires. The great thing is we have a fireplace this year so I don't have to build one in the middle of the floor of our apartment!
- watch Christmas movies. Except the only Christmas movie we have is The Nightmare Before Christmas and that's kind of a Halloween movie. So.... yeah. Lord of the Rings it is.
- snuggle under a blanket and read a good book. The grown up in me is going to attempt to continue Mere Christianity but the kid in me wants to read Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. What? That's a good book!!!
- wear thick fuzzy socks and sweatpants all the time. Obviously this is not acceptable in public places. Let the record show that I fully support the acceptability of sweatpants in public at all times. Thank you, your honor.
- drink hot chocolate and eat cookie dough. I'm pretty certain the cookie dough thing is year round but whatevs.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
A Fall List
Time for a fall weather list...
Posted by Steph