Chili My Way

I know everyone has their own chili recipe and that's why they have these things called chili cook-off's but I decided to share my simple, non-fancy recipe that's oh-so-easy and of course, husband-approved.

What you'll need:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2-3 tomatoes diced (or a can of diced tomatoes)
  • 1 green bell pepper (chopped up)
  • 1 large can of pinto beans
  • Taco seasoning
Brown the ground beef in a pot (drain the grease if you want to be healthy). Add bell peppers and cook for a few minutes. Add diced tomatoes and pinto beans and simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the tomatoes are all soft and squishy looking). Add taco seasoning to taste (usually I do about 2-3 tablespoons but sometimes I wing it and just shake the whole container over the chili until it looks orange-y enough....Which sometimes results in super spicy chili). Serve with some grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and corn bread.

My typical I'm-too-hungry Instagram pic...


See? How simple was that... And the beautiful thing is that you can tweak it however you want. My husband and I happen to super dislike kidney beans so guess what? I don't use kidney beans. But this is definitely a basic start that you can make fancy or you can just stick to this recipe and have a meal ready in 30 minutes.

Popular Posts