My so-called life

What a crazy week it's been... I've cried almost every night this week - twice for reasons that still remain unknown to me. Pregnancy hormones in full swing? Check. Prepare for a semi-serious post.

This has been a very interesting and life changing week for us and has really caused us to put our faith in the Lord completely. That means being in full obedience and knowing that He'll provide. Scary at first. Terrifying really. But after some conversations with my husband and my very encouraging sister, I feel much more confident that the Lord is good and He won't leave us hanging.

That being said, I'll let you in on part of it: we're making plans for me to be a stay-at-home mom. Who would've thought? Definitely not me a few years ago, but the more I think about it, the more excited I get. It's going to be rough of course. We're already adjusting our budget to pretend like we only have one income (which is already proving to be very difficult for my shopping addiction tendencies).

We're also making plans to still be in our little 1 bedroom apartment when the baby comes. Not because we really want to be in a cramped little spot, but because buying a house these days is quite a process and we're thinking that adding that into our lives might make things more hectic. That means I've been faced with the challenge to make it work and by golly, I will do it! *Side note: Has anyone seen Ratatouille? You know the part where Linguini gets all crazy eyed and screams "LET'S DO THIS!!!"? That's what I did. I might've scared my husband. And possibly the baby but I can't know for sure.

So sure we might have to sell our dining table to make room for a crib or get rid of some of my clothes to make room for baby clothes but I know God is gracious and I also know I have way too many clothes. I've already started "nesting" or rather I'm guessing that's what it is when you start obsessively cleaning things out and organizing. We're most likely going to turn our dining room into the nursery corner so you probably won't see any cute rocking chairs or cool painted walls but I will try to share pictures of how I make it work in our teeny space.

I mean babies are small so you'd think it would totally fit but baby stuff is big. And bulky. And takes up space. But I'm going to do my best to maximize the space we have.

Anyway, that's where I've been all week... making grown up decisions, battling raging emotional breakdowns and frantically organizing, cleaning and making to-do lists. I know you're all just green with envy...

Have a great weekend!

Popular Posts