One of those urges was satisfied this week.
I turned to my trusty PW Cooks website and found a recipe for chicken tortilla soup which is basically "chicken chili" according to my husband. Here's what I did/did not do (since we've established that I'm not an excellent recipe follower):
- I quadrupled the amount of chicken she puts in because we love meats in our house and 2 chicken breasts did not seem like a sufficient ratio of chicken:soup.
- I did not use cumin but a combination of garlic powder, chili powder and taco seasoning (which had cumin in it).
- I used water instead of chicken broth because water is free.
- I forgot about the corn meal step because I was hungry.
- I did not add onions or cilantro as garnish because we ain't that fancy.
- I did splurge and get a $0.89 avocado to garnish with because I love avocadoes.
Click here to see Pioneer Woman's recipe and try it for yourself!
|I love me some soup with my sour cream.|