Monday, October 17, 2011

Tragedy strikes.

I had the most tragic, horrific, awful, no good, very bad day on Friday that actually turned out to not be so bad.

The internet and the phones weren't working at work. That means I could hardly do work and I couldn't do any of my procrastination!!!

It was a most tragic day.

This tragic day resulted in me having to leave work early though. So that was a nice little perk. Early start to a weekend is always a total plus in my book.

Also, we had some meeting so I also got sushi for lunch on Friday. So it was like the most horrific tragic day and also the best day at the same time. I don't really know how that works so don't ask me to explain.

But the most tragic part is that I had such a hilarious story for you guys and I couldn't tell it right away. Well, hilarious to me.

I decided when I got home on Thursday that I would try this little workout I found on Pinterest:
  • 20 squats
  • 30 lunges
  • 40 toe-touches
  • 50 second wall sit
  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 50 second wall sit
  • 40 toe-touches
  • 30 lunges
  • 20 squats
Seems simple enough, right?

Wrong, people.

Well, wrong for me.

I got to the 100 jumping jacks part (that's right, halfway) and I was dying. I mean dying. Like seeing spots and feeling dizzy kind of dying.

And then guess what? I was extremely, excrutiatingly sore the rest of the weekend. To the point that getting in and out of the car was difficult.

The rest of the weekend we got the normal errands stuff done like going to the bank and buying groceries and boring lame stuff like that. BUT we also got to celebrate a friend's birthday on Saturday night with a big Russian family and that was TONS of fun. They're basically like a big Mexican family except they call their grandma "babushka" and they serve things like beef and potatoes.

We Mexicans ALWAYS have frijoles and carne asada. That's how we roll.

Anyway, Sunday was a blur of church, football, church and it was mostly blurry because as soon as we got home from morning church I basically slept until night church even though I had things to do.

Evidently I was tired. Or lazy... Or still suffering from ripped and torn muscles.

After catching up on ALL of my work, I am back on the internet but no longer procrastinating - merely taking up time until I get off work.

And then....

I'm going to the gym.

I cringe just thinking about it.