File under "Things I loathe"

Can I just vent here for a minute? (Like there's really any other purpose to this blog sometimes but whatev.)

I really, really dislike going to the dentist. I mean I would fake my own death just to avoid it. In fact, I did avoid it. For 6 years. Then 2 years ago I finally decided I should use that health insurance I was paying for every month and go.

Well 6 years avoiding the dentist gets you 5 cavities, weak gums and a visit every 3 months for the next 2 years.

At least that's what it got me.

It's like the dentist knows that I hate going so they're making me go as much as they possibly can. To be fair, it's not the cleanings I hate - although the high pitched screeching metal banging around in my mouth and scraping my teeth is really uncomfortable. It's the cavity filling I despise. And no matter how adamantly I floss, I still manage to have at least 1 or 2 cavities because of my stupid weak gums.

Well all that to say that I was REALLY REALLY dreading having to go to the dentist yesterday. I finally dragged my feet there and 25 minutes later, I was done with the cleaning and NO CAVITIES TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE AT ALL!!!!

Of course they did still worry and fret over my super weak gums that are probably going to give out on me in like a year and then all my teeth will fall out and then I will die because I can't eat steak or pizza again.

Not that I'm like thinking worst case scenario or anything.

And okay, that's not what they said. They recommended a deep cleaning with laser treatment next summer that will literally cost me my arm so I'm deciding which one I want to sell. I think I'll go with the left since I'm right-handed but then I wouldn't be able to type. Maybe I can get one of those microphone dictating programs.

Popular Posts