Wednesday

by Steph

It's Wednesday. Not Friday.

I woke up in a cold sweat at 5:15 am from a nightmare I don't remember. I think it involved zombies, Mexican drug lords and showing up to school in a swimsuit while it was pouring rain. {No more pistachio ice cream right before bed.} After 5 minutes of laying in a paralyzing terror, my alarm went off at 5:20 and semi-woke my husband.

I told him I had a nightmare and I was scared.

He hugged me and fell asleep like that.

I relaxed and fell asleep like that. For almost an hour.

His alarm went off at 6:15 am (which is the time that I'm usually leaving) and I woke up gasping in a panic that I was late. To be honest, no one really cares how late I show up to work. Really... no one cares. But I still had this terrorized feeling when I jumped out of bed.

As a result: I didn't wear my rainboots today because I was in a blurred hurry and when I got to work I stepped in a big puddle.

My shoe and my sock got wet. Not a good feeling at 7 in the morning.

Oh and my husband just called to say that his meeting at work was moved to tomorrow so he's heading home to curl up on the sofa and watch Pride & Prejudice and eat ice cream without me.

Okay he's not really going to do that but that's totally what I would do if I was on my way home.

It's Wednesday.

Can it be Friday yet?

Popular Posts