A Fancy Salad

I went to a baby shower for a friend at church on Saturday and was tasked with bringing a green salad. My mom makes a fancy salad for like every family gathering so I called to get the recipe for the dressing. I say fancy salad because it has things like baby spinach and cheese that costs like $15. Okay, I exaggerate but it is much fancier than a regular plain-lettuce-with-ranch-salad that I'm used to.

I used a Spring Mix (or as my mom said "The mix that has spinach and purple lettuce"), strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and the dressing. My mom insisted it was so good I'd get asked for the recipe and wouldn't you know it, I totally did...

Fancy Salad Dressing
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of mayonnaise

Side note: if you switch out the dressing for a raspberry vinaigrette, that's also super yummy!

Popular Posts