What's in a name?

Well yesterday was my first official Mother's Day, technically speaking. I don't feel very "mother-y" quite yet since all I do is carry this baby around all day and it's really not much of a task since she hardly weighs over a pound. But just the same I was wished "Happy Mother's Day" from friends and family and was spoiled by my husband just like I am every other day. Don't be jelly...

This time next year though... I'll have a 9-month-old baby girl.

Hopefully by then we've picked a name.

Seriously, what kind of a mother am I? I don't even have a name picked. I feel like every girl has some name that they've always loved and thought "Someday I'll name my daughter that" but not me. Fail.

I think people are beginning to think that we're keeping the name a secret... we're really not. We're just that picky. I also start to feel bad when people suggest names and I try to nicely decline, but inside I shudder. Why is it so hard to find a name that I like???

The likely ending? We'll panic at the hospital and pick a name that we'll regret but she'll be stuck with it for life.

Sounds like a plan.

Popular Posts