Woman's Intuition

I like to feel free in the kitchen.

Maybe it's the rebellious middle child in me but I just don't usually follow recipes very well. I go with my instincts and hope for the best. Today I made Sloppy Joe's and while I used a recipe inspired by PW, I didn't really follow it at all. I basically used all of the same ingredients but made up my own measurements.

The thing is, food always taste much better to me (and to the hubs, which is really most important) when I follow my instincts. In fact, life is just generally much better when I follow my instincts. Not just in the kitchen. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that my instincts have saved my life more than once. Except the time my instincts made me hit a parked car while riding my bike on my 8th birthday and fly over the handlebars, landing on my face. Not cool, instincts. Not cool.

Popular Posts