Glamorous?

by Steph

I just started in this whole blogging thing 2 months ago. I was a baby and new to the world of blogging. I came upon Cupcakes & Cashmere and instantly loved this girl. She lives in LA, is wonderfully fashionable and loves flea market/thrift store finds. Her creativity inspired me. She was living my past life with a better job and more expensive shoes. We're BFF's even though we've never met. And she has no idea who I am. And she's in LA. I miss LA.

Then I noticed she had something called a blogroll.

Scrolling through her "frostings", The Glamourai caught my eye. This girl was living the life I wanted. The life I would've had if I had moved to New York as originally planned instead of getting married and moving to Sacramento. She's extraordinarily fashionable and also loves flea market/thrift store finds. She is as creative as Emily in C&C but with a city style, instead of the easy, breezy Cali style.

What do they have in common? They're super fashionable, creative, fun, make their own jewelry, have amazing jobs and blog.

What do I have in common with them?

Almost nothing.

I've never owned designer shoes and the only designer purse I've ever had was a Coach purse my parents bought me ages ago. I don't dress up and take pictures of myself everyday because you'd get bored of seeing the same old jeans and top routine. I don't have a glamorous job - I sit at a desk and do Customer Service-y stuff. I tried once to make a necklace and it bombed in my face.

But the thing I love about these girls is that we share the same taste in clothes. I see their outfits and think - yes, I'd totally pair that together. I see their "what I'm craving now" and I think yes, I was craving similar things. I don't have much in common with these girls except our love for fashion.

All that to say... I was OVERJOYED AND ECSTATIC to see The Glamourai do a post on one pieces. Kelly, you have no idea how you've made my day. I posted about my love for one piece swimsuits not too long ago and I'm so so so happy to see we share the love. You have no idea who I am - but you inspire me to keep loving fashion and keep reading your blog. :)

Popular Posts