A play kitchen for me. I mean, Allie.

One of Allie's favorite things to do is pull the dishes out of the cupboard and play with them. I decided after picking them up for the umpteenth time, we are going to make a play kitchen for her Christmas gift. Brian thought she might be too young but I reminded him that she'll be 16 months when Christmas rolls around and even if she doesn't want to play with it right away, I will.

Of course, I turned to Pinterest for some ideas and inspiration...

I loved the look and colors of this one. All the accent colors in my kitchen are red so I loved the idea of her stuff matching mine. 
Source

I really liked the layout of this one that John and Sherry did over at YHL. Every kitchen needs a fridge, especially one that has magnetic paint so you can put some cool looking magnets on it!

Source
This one was a reader redesign from YHL. Butcher block counters (much like the ones I wish I had in my own kitchen) and a cool vintage looking stove painted a different color would make it super cool. It helps that Brian brought home a slab of butcher block from his last job.

Source

One last thing that I'm very excited about is all of the play food and utensils that she can get from doting grandparents and aunties (hint hint :).

Source
Source
Source
Source
As far as where to start, I decided to check out Habitat for Humanity the other day to see if they had any entertainment centers or spare cabinets that could be turned into play kitchens. Unfortunately, they had some but they were $30-60. After chatting with Brian, we realized we might be able to design and build something from scratch for much less than that.

So when it's all said and done, it's okay if I want to play with this kitchen more than Allie right?

Right?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Popular Posts