Fall, Fashion and Anniversary Gifts

I'm on fashion kick right now. I don't know if it's the approaching fall season (more on that in a minute) or the fact that Brian has given me the greatest anniversary gift of all (more on that in a minute) but I'm all about creating some new looks.

So first of all, fall. I love summer. I really do. I loved it more when I lived in So Cal and the beach was 30 minutes away. But when it's over 100 degrees outside, putting on clothes is always extremely unappealing. So when fall rolls around, I get excited for wearing dresses and accessorizing with scarves and boots and all that good stuff.

Now... the anniversary gift. Since Brian just started a new job a few weeks ago, his schedule has been sort of hit and miss. We had made plans for sushi on our anniversary but he ended up working late so we scratched those. He made things better by showing up with a dozen roses and the BEST anniversary gift ever.

He gave me...

...a shopping trip...

...with him.

Can you believe that??? He actually said that he would take me shopping. Let's just go over how important this is...

There has only ever been one person in the world who has been able to keep up with my shopping habits. Not my mother. Not even my sisters. That would be Rebekah Cherry. She and I once went shopping for 9 hours straight and at the end of the day, we felt like we could've kept going but the stores were closing.

Brian hates shopping. I mean, doesn't every guy? He hates looking for clothes, even if he needs them. He'd rather wear holes in every piece of clothing he owns than shop for new stuff. And believe me, when he has a favorite item of clothing he literally wears it until it falls apart. I once caught him super-gluing the sole onto his favorite pair of New Balance shoes.

So the fact that he has offered to take me shopping because he knows how much I like it and he wants to spend time with me was just about the most thoughtful thing he could've given me.

All that to say... I'm doing some shopping online today so I can get an idea of what I want when I hit the stores. I mean I know this is a thoughtful gift but I can't expect him to last 9 hours.

Maybe 4 at the most. ;)

Popular Posts