Allie's First Birthday

Warning: Long post ahead!

Allie turned one. Nope. Still hasn't sunk in. At any rate, her birthday party was a chance to do all the cute stuff on Pinterest that I'm still lamenting I was unable to do at my own wedding because I hadn't discovered it yet. I still think people who got married before Pinterest should get a second wedding. For free.

Anyway, my older sister had come to visit the week before so she helped with the decorations. I sat and punched the circles out while she cut the tissue paper into fringes. She also brought the pink straws which were leftover from the baby shower that she threw for us.

The night before the party, she, my mom and I did the cones, which were surprisingly easy. I bought the cones pre-made and we dipped them in chocolate and added the nuts and sprinkles.
Giant balloons from Amazon // Everything else homemade or I already had on hand

My mom brought the glass cake stands

I had been collecting clear bottles for a few weeks. Added some lace, jute, ribbon and fresh flowers: voila!

Those were all pictures from my phone... now for the 1 year photo shoot of the leading lady herself. Pictures by Brian Reiner Photography







My favorite

My first attempt at an ombre cake







Popular Posts