Happy Monday

There are several things that are making me super happy right now, so I'll just share while you all slowly crawl out of your beds after the weekend.
  • When Brian takes a break from working like crazy on the house to take his 2 favorite girls out for a date. (That's me and Allie, in case you're unclear.)
  • When I turn on music for cleaning and it turns into a dance party for 2. Sure, we use up all our cleaning energy on getting down to Gloria Estefan's "Get on your feet" but Allie is the best, most hilarious dancer, so it's totally worth it.
  • The warmer weather. It's nice to take a break from being inside a dark, dusty house to enjoy some sun.
  • Leaving Saturday for our trip to So Cal. After 2 months of living in a construction zone, with hardly any down-time, I am SO unbelievably excited for this little break we'll get. 
  • I posted a belly pic on Instagram and apparently I'm the best photographer. I got a lot of "You look tiny!" comments that made me go back and check the picture. Turns out they were right! But I'm (full disclosure) 5'9" and 180 lbs right now. For reference, I was 150 before I got pregnant and I still have 7 weeks to go. So the question is... where did that weight go? Here are my theories: 
    • my rear end and legs have really stored up weight this pregnancy. The increased size makes the size of my belly look proportionate/tiny.
    • H&M has the best lighting and mirrors that make you look skinnier. 
    • holding a phone higher and tilted forward makes your upper body seem larger and your lower body seem tinier. 
    • my hair is thicker so... heavier?
    • I was accidentally holding Allie when I last stepped on a scale. 
    ... either way, I'm pretty happy that even though I feel like a beached whale, I apparently look tiny.
  • Allie's still taking 2 naps a day which means sometimes she's still in her crib when Brian gets home. Not having floors (or doors, except her room) makes sound carry so as soon as she hears his voice, she starts yelling "DA! DA! DA!" Like she's letting him know I forgot to get her out of her crib. And then he goes in there and she's rolling and jumping around her crib like a caged animal. 
  • It's Monday! Wait, that doesn't make anyone happy. 

Popular Posts