- In an 8-hour day, most people get roughly 5 hours of work done.
- Human Resources assumes that 0.94 hours are being wasted a day but suspect that 1.6 hours are being wasted meaning they are only half aware of all the time being wasted.
- The older you are, the less time you waste at work. On average, the highest time wasters are 18-24 years old.
- 39% of 18-24 year olds said they would quit their jobs if Facebook was banned.
- Cited distractions at work: 44% spent web surfing (I'm sure Pinterest is 43% of that), 23.4% socializing with co-workers, 3.9% spacing out, 1.3% applying for other jobs.
- 65% of YouTube viewers watch between the hours of 9 -5 Monday through Friday.
- 77% of workers who have a Facebook account use it at work.
- An estimated $759 billion is the total salary cost for the time that employees waste at work.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
This isn't so much an office annoyance as it is a "things too true about office workers":