Gotta get down on Friday

Whooo... it is finally  Friday and I couldn't be more ready for the weekend. Let's do a "what I'm doing this weekend list" since it's been awhile...
  • Tonight we have our Jr./Sr. High School group! My husband and I help another couple lead our high schoolers youth group and it's been such a blast and a blessing! I'm so encouraged to see the Lord at work in these kids and I'm super excited for this upcoming year to see what He's going to do next!
  • I have a billion and one projects that I'm working on but the most important is my photo collage (remember, the one for a friend?) I'm stuck on finding some chicken wire but I'm going to work up a few little embellishments for some of the frames and hopefully I will have something to show her since it's already been over a month!
  • Hanging out with my hubs. I am SOOOOO excited that he gets home tonight. It's pretty lonely being at home all alone by my lonesome alone alone alone a lone wolf and I end up sitting by the door like a little puppy who pounces as soon as I hear the keys in the door.
  • Church on Sunday (plus some football in between - yep, it's that season). And here we go... One of the things I do love about fall is making some hot chili on a Sunday afternoon with some yummy biscuits or corn bread and then snuggling with my hubs to watch a football game. At first, I would fall asleep because let's face it, I know as much about football as I do about cars and that's not saying much. But then he would explain the game to me and I started to understand it. Now it's like watching a movie where you don't know what will happen and who will win! I always cheer for whoever is losing because I feel like they're the underdog. Last week it was the Dallas Cowboys who came back in the second half and scored in overtime. Wow. I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about! One thing I don't understand - why they would ever run the ball. To me, it just looks like they're trying to get through a wall of defenders and they almost always seem to get only a few yards when they do this but whatev. Maybe they enjoy running into each other. Maybe it's a guy thing. Maybe I'll stop talking about football because this is a girl blog and well, we're not really known for being football fanatics.
  • By the way, do you guys sign up for emails from your favorite stores? Joann's is having a major "coupon commotion" this week so I think I might snag a few more balls of yarn and dye which brings me to my next project...
  • Dying a pair of jeans black. I have like 21 pairs of jeans. Seriously. They're all blue (except for one gray and one mustard yellow pair) and I've been wanting black jeans for awhile now. I actually went so far as to buy some from H&M but I ended up returning them because they made my butt look even more ginormous than it is. So my new project is going to be attempting to dye a pair of jeans I already own. Is this doable? Will it blow up in my face? Will I do it wrong and end up rubbing black on everything I sit on? I don't know. We'll have to wait and see...
  • GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!!? We're getting internet at home! Yaaayyyyyyy... I'm hoping this will make blogging so much easier but we shall see...
  • Have a lovely weekend!!! (Exclamation points intended to express my excitement for the weekend)

Popular Posts